We have a number of funds up to £500 to distribute to groups growing areas of economic disadvantage. If you are a constituted growing group with an idea where you know a small spend would make a big difference please make contact help@ This fund requires a very short application and ‘light touch’ reporting. New applicants will be given priority. We are happy to discuss your ideas.
Groups from across Scotland have used the funds to:
- Buy ingredients to support community meals
- Buy a strimmer and other tools
- Install and plant raised growing beds throughout their community
- Run workshops with sessional staff
- Plant up an unused area of land with fruit trees
- Extend water catchment systems for polytunnel growing and a heap more..
The Pockets and Prospects Fund is funded via the Scottish Community Alliance’s Community Capacity and Resilience Fund. Read more about the Alliance‘s work here.